Monday, November 06, 2006

Mini Moe

On Saturday I added a new member to our household - Mini Moe. Yep, I broke down and bought a television. The giant moster that was Angela's 27 inch died recently. Well it was a slow death actually. It started with the screen blanking out and then it took a while to warm up. And then it died completely. After a morning of trying to do my walking tape with no picture I gave up. We thought about moving hers downstairs but then I decided to bite the bullet. We really wanted one of those nice plasmas but alas we ended up at Walmart purchasing a nice, flat screen (not to be confused with a flat panel we quickly discovered) 20 inch. And at a mere 99 dollars it fit nicely into my budget. (Well if you call having literally $16 to my name right now fitting nicely then yes.) So there it is - my guilty pleasure, tv. My must have - Mini Moe. So named because it's half the size of Ang's Mightly Millie (okay, I just made that up but whatever - it was a freakin' huge tv, we both have hernias from putting it in the dumpster. And a mere 20 minutes later when I took more trash out it was already gone from said dumpster!).
So that was my exciting weekend. It's not nearly as big as the pretty silver tv Chris helped me pick out at Best Buy but I can carry this one and I don't need a computer science degree to hook it up. In about 40 seconds we were already watching the Food Network. With a picture this time. And I'm hoping I don't have to sell this one for gas money:-)

No comments: