Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekend Update

Some ramblings from my three days "off":
- I got a pedicure yesterday and the color of my toes is I'm not a dirty mistress. Once we saw it we just had to get it. You Grey's fans will know what I'm talking about;-)
- There is nothing worse than being at Walmart and having the cart with the bum steering. It felt like I was pulling a mule around the store. Ugh.
- Last night when we walked back over the border we saw the giant photos of our pres and vp. Bush looked normal (for him) but Cheney had this evil smirk. I swear! We were commenting on it in line. It was rather annoying to be forced to look at his mug while waiting.
- We got a three day weekend from school yet I have managed to put in almost over 7 hours this weekend. What a bargin!
- Friday night I was introduced to several of Yuma's finest establishments. At one there was a man and a woman in the woman's restroom, in another there was a girl who couldn't pull her pants up. Ah, big city Yuma!
- I did some Christmas shopping this weekend even though it feels far from Christmasy here. But the songs and snacks and sights in Hallmark helped:-)
- Know that a turkey breast and a turkey loaf are so not the same thing!
- Funny story: While walking back to our car last night (we parked at a Del Sol grocery store half a mile from the Mexican border) I mentioned to Ang that I wanted to get some Coca Light next week when we went to Algodones (it's Diet Coke but it's SO SO SO much better than the stuff her in the states, it's insane!). She said, "Let's go into the store and get some right now." I said, "We're not in Mexico weirdo." Yep, that's right. Even where you're in America here, it feels, looks, sounds and is very much like Mexico (we like to call it 'Wee Mexico').
- And finally, I've been minding the federal government's and all the healthcare officials warnings and have been trying to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. I've walked a total of 14 miles in 7 days, done Tae Bo and weights and right now my body feels like crap. My muscles hurt, my joints hurt, and I feel old. Great.
- All in all quite the weekend. And tomorrow it starts all over again!

3 comments:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Some thoughts on your blog:
-Ditto on the Coca Lite....I have told several people how wonderful it is because that is the only Diet soda you can get in Belize (at least to my knowlege)!
-I would like the opportunity to slap Dick Cheney. I just don't want to do the time.
-How was the wine tasting with your new friends? Any men to speak of?
-Yeah for Christmas, I have my CDs out.
-Keep up the good work and continue to exercise. That is awesome. You have just encouraged me to get my walk in tonight! I have a picture of my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding and I want to cry when I think of how I'll look in it right now.

Anonymous said...

So what color is "I'm not a dirty mistress"? I wish it was pedicure weather here.

Laura said...

I agree with your previous posters. I wish it was pedicure weather here AND I generally want to slap Dick Cheney.

I so like your friends.