Sunday, November 19, 2006

A midnight crisis

Okay, so it wasn't exactly midnight. It was 10:30 tonight, on a Sunday, when you are supposed to be getting ready for bed and for the week to come. Another busy week. This week has been hectic enough: formal observations and evaluations at work, dealing with a team member leaving, Angela's still sick and getting worse, Christmas shopping - Oy!
So we went Walmarting today and a few other stops and ever since I've had this nagging feeling. So I came up to check my checking account balance and low-and-behold I apparently had a stroke this week and didn't write down several charges from the debit card, including last week's Walmarting and Christmas shopping! All the receipts were there but I had "forgotten" to put the numbers down. Ugh. And I wonder why my stomach is hurting right now (thus the blogging and not sleeping).
So yeah - after a tense half hour I finally figured it all out and bam! I have $14.40 left until payday (thank goodness for savings accounts hooked up to transfer funds! The internet is amazing!). Sometimes life seems so easy but it never is, is it?!?!
So yeah, I have my third formal observation first thing tomorrow morning. Third in as many weeks. It's fine, I know everyone goes through it but it's a bit nerve wracking. The good news is my bosses said I did a great job during my last two and I got all the "points" possible. (If anyone knows T4S speak, I got my 5 out of 8!)
But on the upside I have stuck to my guns and have not charged Christmas gifts or any recent groceries. I almost did today but held back. And it was a lot of groceries. We are making a turkey here on Thursday for just us and we are making cookies for everyone we work with for Christmas presents so we had to stock up!
Also tonight Angela and I made a blanket! Yep - one of those no-sew fleece throws. It was fun and it only took about an hour and a half. We made it for our friend Shannon for Christmas, it's a mauvey-purple and sagey-light-green.
Also, I'm well on my way to being done with most of my Christmas shopping. A few more things to get and/or order online and voila! done before it's even December. Woohoo. We went to Mexico yesterday and picked up some awesome gifts (for some of you!!!) and got good deals. And a 12-pack of Coca Light! Which we then proceeded to drag almost an hour in line to get back into the U.S. That was fun. I even got a little sunburned, it was about 90 out and very sunny!
Okay, my stomach's settling and I am tired! Happy new week everyone!

No comments: