Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The amazing flying temporary crown

Yes, yes, that's right. Today I went in for my root canal and in the process, my temporary crown went flying into ANOTHER room! The dentist looked surprised and had an assistant go get it. I don't even know if they washed it off. Whatever. It was not a fun way to spend an afternoon. In fact, I had to have double doses of Novocaine while in the chair. Nothin' like feeling the drilling, as if the sound of it isn't bad enough.

But there was an upside to my visit this afternoon. I got to the dentist office and found out the receptionist, who's super sweet and always gets me in and lets me pay later after she calls to check on my insurance and stuff, had forgotten to schedule me in. So after some worry and work on her part, the office decided to stay late and do my root canal at five which I was happy for. A) because I needed it done, it hurts and B)I am getting my permanent crown on Monday. I had to wait an hour and decided there wasn't enough time to go home so I sat down to read some magazines and it was really great. I was reading my daily devotional calendar this morning (from my lovely friend Leslie!) and it was about waiting and using the time God creates for us to wait in to the best possible use. I decided that God wanted me to wait today, most likely so I could just breathe and relax after another long day at school. And that I did. I read some People magazines and then kept falling asleep in the chair while having the root canal. (Note: This is not a good idea. The doctor kept asking, very nicely to please open my mouth wider because the more I felt sleepy, the more it closed....).

So all in all, an okay day. A solid C for average. The downside is Ang has a bad sinus infection but she went to UrgentCare and got some drugs so hopefully that will help. And tomorrow's Wednesday which is our first short day with the kids who go home at one and then we have meetings until three-thirty. Yippee!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

dang...........sorry!!!

we had a good walk to the lake and cemetary today and i made a rubbing of david bailey's gravestone.

good lesson on waiting.....glad you took it to use. hope the meds are working........

love you, ROCKSTAR!