Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I love water!

It's true, I do. I love an ice cold drink of it when I am super thirsty. I love being in a swimming pool (although it's summer here in Yuma which means we can't go in our pool, we have to wait for it to cool down in the fall). And I love to bathe in it. I'm serious people.

I go back and forth on baths. I like relaxing in them and lately I have been shaving while in the bathtub (my arthritis is making it uncomfortable to stand on the side of the shower stall - and yes, worried family and friends, I am going to call a doctor this week, I promise!). But it's weird, whenever I am super tired, the kind of tired I get that comes along with tension in my head, not really a headache but again, an uncomfortable feeling, the only thing that helps is a long, HOT, shower. The kind that steams up the bathroom, leaves my neck and upper body red from the heat of the scalding water. I love standing under the stream, washing my hair and just generally, feeling very clean.

I am guessing I am not alone in this liking of H2O. But it's just what I am thinking about right now. I just got out of the bath and I need to dry my hair so I can go study integers and multiplying fractions. Yes, middle school math, apparently all that is required to do well on the quantitative part of the GRE. Wish my luck, math was never my strong suit!

Then it'll be a little ice cream and another episode of the new season of House which came out on DVD today (God bless Netflix shipping new releases before their release date!). It was a long day and I am once again, as always, pooped. I tested today, and got some down time to grade papers because I had a sub in my room but I paid a price for that down time. After school I spent two hours calling parents about kids' names who were left by my sub. So no kids, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Never. Don't eat it, it may be poisoned!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

i love to hide out in a hot shower. john thinks mine are way too hot and hannah says she can't breath when she tries t oshower with me. dd, however, has taken a liking to the warm water!!

It is like my escape, sometimes i even lay my head on the side of the wall for a minute or so....