Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ready or not

Tomorrow is the first day of school and I feel ready. I am sure by tomorrow morning I will be nervous but I think I am as prepared as I possibly can be. The books are on the desk, notes written on the chalk boards, seat charts ready to be filled in, new little faces to meet. Ang and I worked from 3:30pm until 12am last night at school. We wrote lesson plans, created examples, defined 3 weeks worth of spelling words, made bulletin boards, and copied. Between us, we made over 4000 copies last night. That's a lot of copying. And the copier only threw up twice, during which we found copies that must have been made last year. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

Other than that, not much has been going on this week. Today I slept in until after 10 and then read for a while, catching up on the news. Now I am doing laundry and pretty soon I'll make mexican chicken lasagna which will serve as lunch for the entire week. I think it'll be a long week but a good one, I'm confident I am prepared and I think the kids will do well. I think it's having this expectation that will help us all!

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

You are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!

And you have done this all before so it isn't your first rodeo!! Love you so~

Anonymous said...

Oh, the life of a teacher! Hey, send me that recipe - will you? (Mexican Chicken Lasagna) Love you. M