Thursday, August 09, 2007

Puking Pastilles

You know in Harry Potter how the Weasley Twins manufacture and sell puking pastilles that get students out of class by bringing on sudden vomiting? I think one of my students got his hands on some this afternoon.

My class was working quietly, taking the reading pretest and all of a sudden one of my kids is at the trash can throwing up. It was fantastic. I wasn't quite sure what to do at first because he just kept throwing up. So I sent him to the nurse but of course because he's only been at our school four days, he didn't know where the nurse was so I had to explain that. And then I called the nurse to let her know he was coming down and I didn't know his name, I had to look him up on the seating chart. It was great. Then I called down to the office to get a janitor and the secretary was like, let me make sure I've got it right, "Wet cleanup on aisle 109?" Yeah, it was great.

So that was my excitement today. Other than that things went well. My kids have their first spelling test tomorrow and I have a lot of papers to grade and lesson plans to make this weekend so Saturday I'll be back at school but I know it'll get better soon. Also, on a really exciting note: I've had eight kids check out books from me this week. I don't think I had eight kids borrow books from me all last year. I sent home with them three Harry Potters, Charlotte's Web, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and many others. I'm excited - they like to read! Woo Hoo!

Also, I took a three hour nap today when I got home and now I'm going to head to bed. It's been a busy week!

No comments: