Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another one bites the dust...

Here's the letter that came in the email at 11:59pm Friday night -

Dear Ms. Knapp:
Thank you for applying to graduate study at UCLA. We regret to inform you that you were not admitted. As you may be aware, UCLA receives many more applications than there are student places available. As in your case, each of these applications is carefully reviewed by departmental faculty committees. In this extremely competitive environment, many talented and promising students are not recommended for admission by these committees.
We understand that this decision is a disappointment. Should you wish to address
specific issues regarding your application, please contact the graduate program
to which you applied. Please accept my best wishes for success in all of your
future endeavors.

Did it break my heart? Yes. Was it completely unexpected. No. Do I have any idea what to do next? Well, I got the letter at 7am this morning and I decided to write. So I finished Molly's part of my novel. Two parts down, three to go. So I guess I'll just keep writing.

4 comments:

kathycfg said...

Much as I love UCLA by comparison to USC, it's mainly a football thing. It would be nice if they could use appropriate grammar and sentence structure. That's one of the worst letters I've read - thank God you're not going there. All of your characters in screenplays would probably practice Yoda speak!!!

Keep your chin up.

brickmomma said...

Please come to Texas.........

What am I doing...... said...

You can stay in the hallway with me....

Anonymous said...

I just know that the final school is the one for you. They are just saving the best for last. I know you are counting the days until you get to see Mom and Dad. Keep smiling.