Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Oh you!

So I blogged last night then went to bed to read. I started with my Bible passages for the day, some of the Old Testament stuff is pretty dry and I was getting tired. Then I got to the New Testament and bam! God really wanted me to wake up. Here's what I read:

From Luke 12: Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Yeah, that woke me up alright. I know I have to be patient and I know I am not supposed to worry but I am not and I do. And I often need reminders to stop, listen, pray, and be patient. I've been restless lately and I think it's because my faith has wavered. I'm trying to do it all on my own, which isn't what God wants from me. So he sent a little wake up call last night. And just as I was sitting there thinking how little relevance the Bible held for me at that moment. He's a pretty cool guy;-)

So I'll wait. Ang started looking at apartments last night and I really don't know how to afford living in L.A. but I am confident we will. I am confident that we'll prosper and have great adventures and learn and do God's work. I know our time here in Yuma is coming to an end. I know there's more out there. But for now I wait. Your move God.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

I read that last night, too!! I am glad I am back in the game.

I am continuing to pray fervently that He will lead and you will follow.

I love you so~

Anonymous said...

I needed that too Sarah. Thank you for taking the time to type it to share. That's exactly the passage I needed right now. Love you! Michelle