Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weekend Update

It was good to have a few days to get reacclimated to Yuma after getting home from Texas. It's been fine, all the laundry is done, the fridge is full, etc. but I'm still not ready to go back to work. But what's new! I am so thankful for the two week break though, I feel it really energized me and got me into a better mindset. By that last week before break, I was very stressed out. In the past few days though I've gone to a pilates class, walked 8 miles, done toning exercises, eaten 3 bell peppers, 2 quarts of strawberries, almost a pound of carrots, and relaxed. I feel better already!

Still no news on the "letter" front yet. My parents ask every time one of us talks to them if I've heard from anymore schools yet and we say no. I smile because they have to know that they're my first call when one comes. Especially if it's an acceptance! The decisions were supposed to have been made by now - letters to come at the end of March/beginning of April but nothing yet. The websites haven't been updated either. My dad reminded me that 'no news is good news' so here's hoping!

So tomorrow we head back to school bright and early. I think my kids will be ready but tired, this was fair week in Yuma which keeps them all busy and out past their bedtimes. That's okay with me though, tired kids and quiet kids! And Wednesday we start the AIMS tests so life will be very quiet for five days after that!

Oh yeah, did I mention I got summonsed for jury duty again?!?!?! Seriously, if it weren't for Ang and I, I'm not sure who'd they'd get to be on all these juries that get cancelled the night before! I'm to report a week from Tuesday, we'll see if it pans out this time. I'm sure my bosses will be impressed if I do get to go, that's an AIMS day and they can't have subs in the rooms for testing, they have to have people who've signed confidentiality agreements, etc. So we'll see what transpires before then.

What else? Oh yeah, we saw 2 movies this weekend: Leatherheads and Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns. Both great movies, well worth the ticket price and the 2 hours spent in a darkened theater. We went to the mall Friday night (no more shootings lately, thank goodness!) and downtown last night and yes, we were spotted by children. And I was doing my best TMZ impression, I had my Detroit Tigers hat on and everything and I was still loudly acknowledged!

Ok, guess I should get ready for tomorrow. Have a great week everyone and to those of you up north, congrats on spring finally making an appearance, even if it was a few weeks late!

2 comments:

Justin said...

I've got my fingers crossed for your letters! I can't believe they haven't come yet.

Regarding standardized tests...that's one thing I didn't realize as a student...they are just as boring for the teachers as they are for the students (maybe even more so!) After all, at leasts students have something to work on. In Texas I think the teachers aren't even allowed to work on other stuff or read. :(

brickmomma said...

Good update......

I love you so much!!