Sunday, April 27, 2008

Feelin' Good

I have two blisters on my left hand. They are pink and puffy and hurt a lot when I took a shower tonight. But I didn't mind really. Because these blisters mean I'm alive and active and doing stuff. And that's exciting to me. It's just like when my legs ache and my arms are sore after working out. Or when my stomach hurts from laughing too much. It feels good to be alive, to be out in the world.

The blisters appeared after I spent an hour of so hitting golf balls at the range this morning. Ang and I are playing in a charity golf outing in two weekends and decided we needed to practice a bit. Range today, a round next weekend. And the we came home and washed our clubs and washed the patio furniture and swept the patio. That felt good too, getting wet and dirty. And since I already had the sunscreen on (from golfing) I decided to sit outside and read a bit. And a bit turned into over four hours. It was great - seeing the kids from across the way eat popsicles and ride bikes, say hi to neighbors, hear the birds, etc.

All the laundry didn't get done and the bathroom didn't get cleaned and I didn't answer any emails or look for any jobs but guess what - I had a great day. And to me, that's what it's all about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Everyone deserves a true day off - not just physically, but mentally too. d