Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Land of Hope

I feel like blogging even though I don't have much to blog about. I'm still a juror. We're going into our third week and I went into my third pad of notes yesterday. I write basically to stay awake and focused. But the good news is my trusty sub, Ryan, who can handle my children very well, has been there all along and will continue to be so that's awesome.

This week we had to say goodbye to a friend, Julie, who's husband is being transferred to Quantico near D.C. I know the drill, Marine families move all the time, but it doesn't make it any easier. We'll see her again for dinner at the end of May when she comes back through town but it's not the same as seeing her at the Y or going to lunch or hanging out in her pool with her kiddos. Just not the same.

We're still not sure what's going on with the big move. Ang has been applying for teaching jobs, and hearing back that info has been received but still waiting for more news. She's found one school she really likes and is thinking of driving up to L.A. to check it out. I, of course, can't go or I'd be thrown in jail. Yeah, yeah, service to my country, whatever.

However, we got our tickets to go to Michigan in June and we're very excited about that. And I know that whatever happens, we're going to end up exactly where we are meant to be, for "I've pitched my tent in the Land of Hope" (Acts 2:26, the Message). I just hope we have more than a tent to live in when we get there!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Like it or not we have a tent pitched in the backyard right at this very moment>................