Monday, August 11, 2008

Another weekend come and gone

Let's see, I watched about 20 hours of Olympic coverage. That counts for something right? I hadn't been too excited about these Olympics and then we just turned them on Friday night and BAM! I was sucked in. What an amazing Opening Ceremony, just breathtaking, and I even learned somethings about the Chinese culture. And then of course we turned it on Saturday to watch some of the events and the next thing I know I'm trying to figure out some of the intricacies of beach volleyball. And of course I'm pretty impressed by those superstar swimmers, all of them really. And the tandem diving, too cool. Yeah, I know, I don't have a lot else going on right now. (But I did go do the dishes when Bush was interviewed tonight, no interest. At all.)

So other than that it's been pretty quiet around here for the past forty-eight hours. We hung out with our friend Kristina a little Friday afternoon which was nice, I made the requisite trips to the grocery stores. (Yes, you have to go to more than one. Food is generally cheaper at Walmart but I refuse to by produce there so that requires a trip at the expensive Albertson's next door.) Today we went to the post, got gas, and hit the mall. Not much there we haven't seen before but there were some good sales ($8 capris, what a deal!) and it was good to be among the living.

And we watched a movie today - Die Hard 2, not a bad flick. A little dated but in that fun way. Not as good as the original, or the last one, but good just the same. Funny dialogue and some good shoot outs. And we started watching a new TV show, Bones. Yes, I know it's not new, it's entering season four this fall, but it's new to me. And it rocked! So that's cool. I already can't wait for Netflix to send me disc two!

And I wrote. Several chapters which is feeling good. I got my computer set up perfectly and I started going over notes and it just started flowing again. I intend to put in a long day tomorrow (today was a reading day - a lot of catch up on the Bible, finished another Stephanie Plum book, read a Newsweek, an EW, and an Oprah!) and will hopefully get nearer to my deadline. September 28th, the day before I start classes at UCLA I need to have a completed first draft done. And right now I'm just about half way there. Yes, I know it's taken me two and a half years to get this far but now I'm on a roll! (Maybe there won't be any beach volleyball viewing for me tomorrow.)

2 comments:

Justin said...

Way to go!

So you watched the swimming team beat France last night? Was that an incredible race or what?!?!? I let out a pretty loud "Yeah!!!!" when I saw that American banner come up before the French one. :)

I've had book ideas flowing through the my dreams at night and in the back of my head during the day.

I'm excited to start getting some solid ideas down. :)

brickmomma said...

I read a whole magazine in the Er tonight:)

I am loving the Olympics, too. So are the kiddos.

Love you~