Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Houston, we have a slight problem

Yeah, today was supposed to be the day. The day when Ang found out she got the job at the Jewish school in Encino and we were going to move to northern Los Angeles where they had parking lots with their apartment buildings and Sam's Clubs and yoga studios. That's where the problem came in.

You know that old saying that says "God laughs when we make plans"? He must be having a blast with us right about now. Angela didn't get the job. Poof, Encino is gone. And yes, we still have to be out of our apartment in nine days. That's right, nine days. And no, I haven't walked my marathon yet this week either.

She's got an interview with Los Angeles Unified School District tomorrow. They have multiple openings. Openings were were praying she wouldn't have to fill. We haven't heard great things about the second largest school district in the country. But then again Yuma wasn't so stellar either. So we'll drive to LA in the morning and I'll sit in the lobby while she goes to the interview. We're praying the words Compton and Inglewood do not come out of their mouths. We're praying she can get English and not high school biology (apparently credentials aren't all so restraining for this district). We're praying they offer her a job. See we can't get an apartment lease without a stable income. And that's not working out so well for me. Oh I keep applying but I don't hear anything. (Okay, that's a lie, I got a rejection from a job at UCLA - for one of seven jobs I've applied for their, all the rest are still 'open'.)

So it's on to Plan B. We're not sure what Plan C is but please pray for us that we don't have to figure that out. Today I packed up my bedroom/office. I looked through the stacks of screenplay drafts and writing and journals and prayed, again, that God will allow me to make a living from something I love to do so much. It has to work out, right? I mean come on, it works for other people.

On the bright side, my awesome new computer arrived a day early (how freakin' excited was I!!!) and I have been getting it all set up and love it so far. I'm a full-on Apple convert now. It's really not that different and was much easier to use right out of the box than that god-awful Dell. It's black and shiny and runs super fast and so far hasn't eaten any files! (Huge plus in my book seeing how that's why I why I needed a new one, my old laptop started 'losing' files, yeah I don't know.)

So tomorrow we'll get out the GPS and drive the four and a half hours to downtown Los Angeles and pray that there will be an offer soon. Within the next nine days.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Prayers sent. I wish yall had those CDs to listen to in the car. They're coming. Hopefully you can rock out to them as you drive away from Yuma for the last time nine days from now.

:)