Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A cautionary tale



Short and simple: when you go to buy something, anything, think about whether or not you'll have to move it. Yeah, I'm no rethinking the minimalist approach to life.

It took three and a half hours, two awesome movers, my dad, Angela and I, a seventeen foot U-Haul, and a Saturn VUE but almost all of our stuff is packed. I have never seen a U-Haul so full. It's crazy.

We ended up hiring some movers, two college-age girls who ROCKED, and for two hundred bucks they carried all the heavy stuff and a lot more. Tonight we're on sleeping bags on the floor, all three of us in a row in the living room. Tomorrow we'll get up, do a little more cleaning, pack Ang's car and HEAD OUT! SoCal here we come:-)

Oh yeah, and today is Ang's birthday! I want to post more about that/her but it'll have to be when I'm not so sleepy. So for now just some pictures from the impromptu party Saturday night!!!

No comments: