Thursday, July 13, 2006

I literally may melt

It's not quite noon here in my new hometown and the heat index is 125 degress. That's right. I'm pretty sure that's the temperature at which something boils or melts or does something not so good. But I suppose I just need to suck it up.
We're headed to Mexico today which for you in Howell is like going to Brighton or for those of you in Kalamazoo it's like going to Portage or for those of you in Texas it's like going from Bryan to College Station. It's a five minute drive to the border then a walk across. Angela assures me I'll be even warmer there, if it's possible.
We're going for essentials - lunch and margaritas, cigarettes for the deployed, and a gift or two. Not much else is happening today - I was tired last night, (see Ang's blog), and apparently needed to sleep 11 hours to recover. I feel better. Way better now. Then I got a massage this morning and my body feels awesome. If you haven't done that before - go now. Seriously.
Still unpacking and sorting through things. My closet looks good, Ang's desk is in her room now, but the downstairs is tragic, very tragic. We close our eyes when we are down there. We'll get to that tonight or tomorrow. Slowly but surely. Surely because we leave Saturday for Vegas and Monday the carpet cleaners come.
Maybe they'll be able to clean up the puddle that is me:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow I would never make it there. They're saying it's going to be in the ninties this weekend and I'm already dreading it. Shocking I know. Enjoy the heat. Don't forget to drink lots of water. Not too much tequila although a margarita sounds delicious right now. -Sus

brickmomma said...

were mexico's margaritas as good as mine.....don't lie now! i miss you guys a TON. love you!