Monday, January 22, 2007

We are the champions (of the hallway)!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! My kids, the North American superstars, won the Spell Off! banner back from Europe today. However, I must say that Angela's kids proved to be formidable opponents. They stuck it out 'till the bitter end spelling words like pnemonia and duffel bag (the tricky space) and boycott (the double consonant) and gnarly and reign and rein and so many others. So congrats to all our spellers who worked hard memorizing the 126 words we had this quarter.
So today started the new quarter - our third, boy time flies. I got 4 new kids spread out in 2 classes and I got to start the day with a rather unpleasant HR meeting where I was repeatedly addressed with the phrase, "So you've done nothing" in reference to the professional development and college classes I'm supposed to be taking. See Ang almost died in September and as such, they dropped mefrom my class because the first day of 12 was that day and I was (understandably, I thought) at the hospital waiting for her to go into surgery. And then for my second chance at some credits I was sick in bed hoping to die from my throat's firey pain. So yeah. I got chewed out essentially and was informed when the state comes to audit us (because we're on an improvement plan because we are a "failing" school - I'm sure this is also because I've done nothing) they'll have to be told and I quote "You've done nothing." What a great start to a Monday.
So yeah, at least the day got better. And I ended it with a rockin' peppercorn pork lion I made and hand writing letters. I love that. Oh yeah, and some Gilmore Girls. I love them too:-)
Oh, and a little P.S. - I've been nominated for New Teacher of the Year. The ballots are collected tomorrow. I don't really expect to win but I figure more than one person must have voted for me if I at least got nominated:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for new teacher of the year award. Does this mean you have a chance for the trip to Hawaii? -Sus

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

So proud of you! Apparently you doing "nothing" about your continuing ED isn't affecting you as a teacher! I hope you win and then when your admins make that comment you can flash them your certificate!
Congrats on the spelling bee. It sounds like it was a blast!