Monday, January 01, 2007

A new year!

I have been a bad blogger this month. Well, the past 3 weeks while I've been on vacation at least. I am still at my parents' - I am here until Friday when I fly back to my sunny home in Arizona. I have had a great time here and a lovely holiday - 3 Christmases, a very quiet New Years, and some restful days which were important as the plague resurfaced and I am just now feeling better. Good thing - the Kleenex my mom bought at Costco is almost gone!
Angela is not feeling better. This is a cause of much frustration and disappointment and anger and sadness. But we are confident this week something will happen. She's going to be in consultation with her doctors and see what the next course of action is.
I have been reading - I finished Julia Child's My Life in France which was very good! I highly recommend it. She was an amazing, funny, smart woman who didn't learn to cook until her 40s and look where it took her! A great, and quick, read.
I am now reading Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone by Rajiv Chandrasekaran which is about the US in Iraq in the last few years. It's both interesting and horrifying (especially if you think Bush stinks like me).
We have been doing tons of jigsaw puzzles and I have been playing with my newest toy - an iPod. I love it:-)
So yeah, that's what's going on right now. Tomorrow I will go to Grandma Mac's and help her with a project for the little schoolhouse - the one room schoolhouse she's been helping to restore and advertise for a few years now. We're making databases and thank you notes I think:-) Gotta love Grandma projects!
So I am going to enjoy my last quiet days of vacation and pretend that I don't have to walk back into a room of 7th graders next Monday!

No comments: