Tuesday, April 03, 2007

10 things I love about my parents


I am feeling homesick. Not so much for home but for the people there. The people I have memorized yet sometimes have a hard time remembering. And my parents are the center of that hub called 'home'.

1. They taught me to be responsible, to take care of myself and to dream, to believe I can and should do everything!

2. They have given me more than I've ever needed.

3. They send me packages full of things like my favorite tea, jelly beans, and candles.

4. They encourage me, and are genuinely happy when I am happy. Everyone needs someone like that in their lives and I am thankful I have two of those someones!

5. They love people, they have made our family much bigger than just the bloodlines.

6. They are hard workers. Stuffing envelopes at 10pm on a Sunday night to raise money for charity, working overtime just because it needs to be done, never shying away when something needs to be done.

7. They are not perfect. And that lets me know that's okay. And trust me, I need all the reassuring I can get in this area.

8. They make me laugh.

9. They love to play board games and love to read and love to golf. Three things I've carried with me into adulthood.

10. They taught me the importance of money and budgeting. And as hard as it is, I'm trying to remember what they've taught me.

So thanks for the idea Jamee, and everyone else - what do you love about the person/people you love?

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Beautiful.....well said. And isn't it good to remmeber sometimes?