Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What a day!

Something exciting happened this morning, I mailed off my last car payment! Woohoo! Yes, that's right - I now officially own my car after 5 years of payments. It was very exciting! Now I get to apply that whole car payment to all my other debt - even more exciting.
In other news - I took a sick day today. I think my allergies are bad or else I have a cold, I cannot decide. Either way I sound like a 3-pack a day, 80 year old smoker and my throat hurts up into my glands. Lovely.
Also, tonight Ang helped me sort through the first day of my online class. It's three credits in three weeks and it's going to be a lot. But I did the readings and posted my first assignments tonight so we'll see how it goes. I am so glad to have a study buddy!
And I wrote 6500 words of my novel today - very exciting for me!
So here's my top 10 things from my day "off" (I use the term loosely):
10. Working in my pjs for a while and no shoes!
9. Eating lunch when I was hungry, not when X period was over.
8. Listening to music, not the cries of annoying students, hehe.
7. Talking to Jamee and my mom during the day.
6. Lying on my bed and reading for a few minutes of lovely quiet.
5. Fresh strawberries.
4. A comfy desk chair.
3. Making dinner without feeling exhausted.
2. Iced tea and sugar free honey lemon drops.
1. Knowing that of my 62 student, only 3 will be served with referral forms tomorrow for acting up in class when I was gone today. Not a bad percentage.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

glad I made the list! hope you are feeling better.....call my cell tonight......love you~

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Hey! So glad to hear that your day was productive. By the way-congrats on paying your car off. I look forward to that day. I can't wait to read more from your novel. Let me know when you are ready to share.
By the way-the police officers were young. and hot. and had a nice lean, muscular build. and i totally hope there are less shootings and more sightings.
Hope you are feeling better!
love ya!