Saturday, September 13, 2008

9 to 5: The Musical

It was early this past spring when I read about Allison Janney staring in a new musical rendition of 9 to 5: The Musical. I was pretty excited because a) I love Allison Janney from The West Wing, Ten Things I Hate About You, Juno, etc. and b) I knew that when it began in September, WE'D BE LIVING IN LA! And guess what?!?!? We are, and we got tickets!

So yesterday we got all dressed up, headed downtown and found our seats (well first we had to find the theater, the parking garage, and the box office). We got great tickets, row T on the floor. And I was glad we did. It's something to be able to see actors faces while they're performing, it makes you feel such a part of it. The storyline was basically the same as the movie, they added a subplot consisting of a love story so they could have a couple of love songs but other than that very reminiscent of the movie, in a good way. And the 1970s clothes and copy machine, etc. were great!

The show is here until the middle of October then headed to Broadway in April, I recommend it if you're in either area now or then! Two thumbs up!!!

(P.S. - Ang and I were about 2 blocks from the theater, headed home, when we saw a bunch of police motorcycles pull into our intersection. We weren't sure what was going on but stopped and all of a sudden a huge truck pulls around the corner, then another pulling a car on a flatbed. Someone was filming a driving scene for something! Very cool! I love this city!)


3 comments:

brickmomma said...

pretty pretty girls!!

Justin said...

Sweet...Allison Janney is awesome! One of the best scenes of The West Wing EVER was "The Jackal".

:D

(Yall look nice too, btw!)

-Justin

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the dresses - you've come a long way ba!