Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Superstar

My dad flew into Yuma on August 19th, and left on Sunday. It was a whirlwind 13 days to say the least. There is nothing he didn't do while he was with us. He sprayed for ants, he bought us groceries, he took pictures, he hung pictures on the wall, he unpacked boxes, he sweated inside a metal truck rearranging furniture so it'd all fit, he organized the garage, he went out for chocolate milk and gas and food and mollies, he did it all. I have no idea how I could ever thank him enough.

Saturday we finished up the unpacking and did a little more sightseeing. We had dinner at Universal's CityWalk and took pictures of the cityscape and the Hollywood sign. Sunday morning we took him to the airport at 4am. On the way to church that morning Ang summed up what we both were thinking, "It's weird without Dad here."

I'm not sure how many people have parents who would take 9 days off work, spend hundreds of dollars on plane tickets, pricier one-way tickets at that, and come help their grown children move. Yes, I could have done it by myself. No, it wouldn't have been easy or enjoyable. My dad made it both. He knows how to do all the "house" stuff, he waited around for the cable guy, he took us out to dinner when we were almost too tired to lift the fork. And he kept rooting for us, cheering us on, making sure we were going to be all right.

So yes, my dad's a superstar. I know I am blessed beyond belief to have him in my life. I know a lot of people don't have people like him to count on. I know I'm one lucky girl.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

Did he make pancakes? I guess Ang learned her mad skills from him!

We love him here in Texas, too...maybe he could come here someday ;) AND bring his bride....hint hint!

Justin said...

Guess I know now where you two get it!
Sounds pretty awesome! I wish I could have been there to help!