Sunday, September 07, 2008

One New Thing

Since I now live in the second largest city in the United States I decided that I need to explore it a little. I've decided that I need to do at least one new thing every weekend. Last weekend Ang and I did several new things, we went to a couple of malls, including the well-know Grove. While shopping certainly isn't new, shopping where there's a Tina Turner impersonator hosting a concert was.

For my one new thing this weekend I decided to try Pinkberry. It's a frozen yogurt chain that opened it's first store in LA just about two years ago. I've seen it in the news, and of course in magazines like People. It's apparently all the rage in LA and NYC. So last night after doing some yard work (more on that later), we headed off to find our local Pinkberry.

We headed back to the Grove, the big outdoor mall area that is adjacent to the Farmer's Market that has a grocery store and a bunch of shops and restaurants. After driving around the parking lots for about 20 minutes we gave up and headed down Melrose Avenue hoping the next area we found a Pinkberry in wouldn't be quite as busy. Just as we got to La Brea (which is one of the bigger crossroads near our house), we found another Pinkberry, yep, less than a mile from our house.

It's a fairly simple menu. They have original, green tea, and coffee flavors. Then they have toppings: fresh fruit, nuts, Fruity Pebbles, cookies, etc. I chose original with strawberries and coconut, Ang tried original with Oreos. And we ate. At first, the yogurt was a little surprising, it's very tart. But then we ate some more and let me tell you, it was gone quickly. All the talk is true, it's as good as they say. And it should be for $5 a bowl. But I figure that's about what we've paid for Coldstone in the past so not too bad. And it's way better for us. Let's just say, I think we'll be visiting Pinkberry again. Soon.

Back to the yard work. Yes, we've spent some time outside this weekend. Our house was a little uncared for/overgrown. We trimmed some tree branches, raked, watered, cut back the hedge, and it's beginning to look a lot better. Once it greens up a little I'll take some new pictures to post. Also, I trimmed the lavender bushes and can I just say, it's quite fragrant around here now. It was before but now doubly so which is great!

Ang and I also went to church this morning, which was quite an adventure seeing how there was a triathlon going on in town and most of the major and minor roads were blocked off. Luckily we had a map and were only about 10 minutes late. The cool thing is we're meeting people, one girl in particular we've talked to three weeks in a row now and today we exchanged contact info to hopefully go to movie next weekend. She's new in town too, wants to be an actress, and we're glad to have made a friend!

Also I got another letter from UCLA this weekend. I got my class schedule, I'll go to school on Mondays 7:30 to 9pm and Tuesdays from 7-10pm. We have orientation in a few weeks where we'll meet our teachers and some alumni so I'm pretty excited! In fact I bought another writing book last night (we found a Borders along the way) to get me more motivated. I'm working on finishing the novel still, hopefully I'll have another section done tomorrow!

As for the job front, nothing new to report. I'm going to do some more applying this week, I know God has the perfect job for me, it just has to be in His perfect timing. Ah, that patience thing again! And if all else fails, there was an 'accepting applications' sign at Pinkberry:-)

2 comments:

Justin said...

It sounds like your having an adventure! Does it feel like home yet, or does it still feel like your either dreaming or on vacation?

:D

brickmomma said...

Yum, I wanna go to Pinkberry when I come visit!!