Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm so happy

It's true. I'm happy. For the first time in quite a while I feel totally at ease and content. And I don't even have a job yet! (I am stressed but normal stressed not to the max which I think is good, it's a normal reaction to circumstance.) I had my first class at UCLA tonight and it went well - I have homework, I have to write a story by next week. Actually, the instructions were to write a story tomorrow and then rewrite it every day until it's due next Monday. And when I turn it in I'm to pretend I'm turning it in to Steven Spielberg and make sure it's professional. Yeah, no pressure.

But things are just falling into place. I know how to drive around the city, something that never happened in Yuma, well not too well. I still freaked when trying to get the post office. But tonight I took Ang to a friend's house and then made it to school - on the other side of the city - without a map! And then after school I headed up to Hollywood, drove around till I found parking, and then met Ang and our friends at the local pub. It was so natural, so normal, so comfortable. It feels like I am exactly in the place where I am supposed to be at this moment.

And I'm glad for that. Sometimes, especially as I look around the UCLA campus or even around Beverly Hills or Hollywood I think maybe I missed my chance, maybe I should have come at 20 like others do but tonight I decided no. I wasn't supposed to come here until now. I was supposed to do all the things I did, have all the experiences I had, so I could be here now, in this program, with these people, doing these things.

Tonight we hung out with Sean, Steve, Pauley, Michael, and later Emily. I feel like I've known these people a lot longer than a couple of weeks. I feel accepted and loved (they sent a text message, collectively, five minutes ago to see if we'd gotten home okay!). And I feel like God has a plan. Finally! Not finally that he has a plan but finally that I feel it, I sense it.

I'm finishing my novel, about to start a screenplay, meeting people in the entertainment business and out of it, serving others, being blessed and fed and loved. And it's not to say that I haven't had that where ever I've been because I have. I've had a blessed life that way. I'm just so amazed that I've found it here so quickly. I even reconnected last week with a friend from grad school who just moved out here. I mean things are good!

Okay, off to bed! Homeless lunch and writing tomorrow, then another class! Life is good. God is good. All the time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you - there's no better feeling than knowing you are where you're supposed to be - even though sometimes it's very hard getting there. D

brickmomma said...

wow- goose bumps all over- i am pumped for you!!!

Justin said...

What's your story about???