Monday, September 08, 2008

Today was a good day

I wrote for over six hours, which is quite the stretch. Sure there were breaks for food and water. I had to let Axle the handyman in and explain to him that the kitchen cupboard still won't latch. I had to battle the ants that invaded the food pantry (this involved poisonous spray, a smooshing spree, and some mild grumbling). And I might have checked my email once or twice (okay, thirty-two times but maybe I'd get something back about a job - I didn't but whatever). In the end, it was all worth it because I finished part 3 (of 5) of my novel: Crystal's story. Crystal is Molly's best friend. Molly's husband is deployed and she has a baby. Crystal has an interesting past and becomes friends with Sam who deploys mid-way through the story. To tell more would ruin it for those of you waiting to buy the hardcover.

So it was a good day because a part of a goal was reached. Mind you, there's a whole list left to tackle tomorrow including paying bills, going to the grocery store, finding a dentist and a job (and yes, in that order, Ang is having dental issues), and securing car insurance (which is ridiculously priced here in LaLa Land). But today was one of those days where, to paraphrase Virgina Woolf (I need to read one of her books some day), I arranged whatever pieces came my way. And, at least to me, the result isn't half-bad!

No comments: