Sunday, October 19, 2008

5P21 Fun


Friday was HUMC's day to make and take lunch to the patients at 5p21, the HIV/AIDS clinic in downtown Los Angeles. We had a much smaller group helping out this time but it went really well. We had fun making the food (and I did not cut myself with the very sharp knife!) and I got a chance to chat with Emily on the drive over and then Ceil, another new LA transplant, on the way back. While we were at 5p21 I got the opportunity to chat with a few patients and deliver some sandwiches. I'm not sure how to explain it but doing this, and helping out at Homeless Lunch, really affects me in such a big way. To meet these people, to do nothing more than offer them half an egg salad sandwich, isn't much when I think about what they are facing but I'm continually impressed by my God who allows me to serve Him and others in this way. Things are going well in my life, I'm so blessed by the people around me, the opportunities I have to go to school and write and enjoy this life that I'm so glad to be able to give back just a little! So I challenge you: What can you do this week to serve others that just might be fun?!!?!?!?!

No comments: