Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Blessings




I know it's a running theme lately but I'm feeling mighty blessed. Yesterday was my 31st birthday. (Yeah yeah, I know, I'm getting up there according to SOME people. But trust me when I say age is really only how old you feel and most days I feel just about right!) Ang and I started celebrating Friday when we went to a fancy-smanchy day spa in Larchmont (a neighborhood right up the street from us) and got massages. It was wonderful being pampered. They put us in big fluffy robes and let us hang out in the relaxation room for a while before taking us to these outdoor cabanas. Truly worth the money, trust me.

On the way home we had a pretty cool experience too - we drove by a film set! Yeah, right in the middle of our neighborhood, about 2 miles from our house! Ang suggested we stop and check it out so we did and while chatting up the police officer (who's retired but works for the studios we found out) we learned that it was the set of a Wal-mart Christmas commercial which made sense since we stopped in the first place because of the SNOW! Yep, real snow (artificially made of course) and Christmas trees and lights and everything! So cool! So yeah, that's how Ang and I came to hang out on our first film set. And the people were really nice too. Other folks were getting their pictures taken in the snow and it seemed very casual. And can I just say that Wal-Mart has the bucks! According to the police officer this was their eighth day shooting, for a commerical, wow!

Then Saturday Ang and I did some retail therapy, had a birthday burger at Red Robin (and an ice cream sundae - complete with singing wait staff), and then had some friends over. Emily, Sean, and Steven came over for pizza, cake and some Apples to Apples followed by Trivial Pursuit. And yeah, they made me be a team of one for Trivial Pursuit but I showed them, I got 3 pie pieces all on my own! Take that!!!

So yes, a wonderful birthday filled with fun, friends, and some very nice gifts! Books, journals, jewelry, gift cards, phone calls (thank you grandmas! aunt marie! mom and dad! Jamee! Justin!). Can I just say it's pretty darn great to be loved:-)

2 comments:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Oh! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday!!! I can't wait to come and visit you so that I can meet these fabulous new friends and play in LA. Love you friend! Here's to an amazing new year in your life....CHEERS!

brickmomma said...

And to be loved in return-