Monday, October 06, 2008

The lecture

Tonight I had my lecture class and can I just say, I've never had a class fly by like this one. I think it's because I really am fascinated by the subject at hand and I know that I am going to use this information - not theoretically by becoming educated but practically by writing a screenplay. It's a pretty cool feeling.

Tonight Hal, my instructor, talked about structure and beginnings. We have to write what is essentially a plot outline for my Tuesday class and so Hal gave us the assignment to describe and/or write the first and last scenes in which we meet our main character in our scripts. As I sat there my mind was already running through the scenes, I was making notes like crazy and here's the cool thing, I could see the scene in my mind. I heard the voices and instantly knew who some more of the characters would be.

Today I wrote out my plot outline and tomorrow I'll tweak it and start on my scenes. I am so excited for class tomorrow. As I was leaving the lecture tonight I hung back and walked with some of my Tuesday night classmates and thought it was pretty cool we're gravitating toward one another so we can talk to the folks we're starting to know. It was also nice to have people say, "Hi Sarah" tonight when I got to class.

So yeah, things are good. And they're only gonna get better! I'd better get writing...

1 comment:

Justin said...

Classes that you go into knowing that you'll use in the future are infinitely more enjoyable!

By the way: I still want to read that short story you wrote!