Sunday, October 12, 2008

One of those days

I'm having one of those days where I am sure I have adult ADD. Or ADHD or whatever the heck it's called this year. I am having a hard time focusing and I know, yes, I really do, that I have things that NEED to get done. I have a big to-do list staring down at me from the white board over my desk. I have a house that needs to be cleaned (thankfully Ang is playing maid today) and homework to do and a novel to write and a million little tasks to complete that don't really need to be accomplished today but that I can't stop thinking of. Yeah, it's just one of those days.

My new thing this weekend was to go to North Hills, in the Valley, and find the Saturn dealership. I got my car's engine changed and my 60,000 mile checkup. And I also got my steering wheel lubed up. I found out I need new tires but who doesn't, right?!?! After that I found a Wal-mart not 2 miles away and went, though I wasn't impressed. It was dirty, and not a Super Wal-mart but I got my sparkling water and was on my way. (I am a good sister, a very good sister, just ask Ang!)

So yeah, nothing else new for me this weekend other than I didn't get a lot done Friday, nor yesterday and now I'm sitting here, staring at the screen, trying to write, and have nothing. And I don't really believe in writer's block but I'm definitely not being productive. So I guess I'll take some advice from Anne Lamott and take it 'bird by bird'...here goes nothing!

No comments: