Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Firsts

Today was a day of firsts! It started right off. It was the first day I have arrived at school and felt like I knew what was going to happen. I was prepared, organized, even have Wednesday's plans laid out. I didn't know what to do with myself. There were no papers to grade, nothing! I got to check my email even!!!
Then another first - it was the first time we have had a team (mini staff) meeting I enjoyed. It went quickly, we got our stuff done, laughed a bit, made a decision and were done in 10 minutes flat! Nice!
Another first - I had a substitute in my room today. I was nervouse. I typed 2 pages of instructions and the kids were taking a test. But lucky girl that I am, I got who I hear is the best sub in the building, and when Ang brought home my tests and sub report, I was overjoyed. I had students who wrote killer essays and I had an awesome sub report! Woo hoo! (Granted I had kids who put a big question mark on the essay page as well but I am not focusing on that right now.)
Yet another first - I went to the dentist (not even close to being a first, not even the first time this month) and had the dentist clean my teeth. I've never had the dentist do it, always a hygenist. Ang thought maybe it was because she wanted to be extra careful of my root canal, I think it's because she had a slow afternoon. Who knows. Also, it was the first time I had my teeth cleaned with the water pick, no scraping involved and it was so quick! It rocks!
I was in the dentist chair over 3 hours. I dropped over five hundred dollars there as well. It was a very long day - a cleaning, an old filling torn out (it felt like it, the novicane had worn off) and refilled, and a temporary crown put in. Not to mention a full set of x-rays and 2 molds taken off (20 minutes of goop sitting in my mouth, it's a good thing I don't throw up easily). I think of it all the x-rays hurt the most. By then time they were done, I was literally bleeding from those stupid little plastic films. Ugh. And I get to go back to the dentist on September 14th. Yippee! So now I have a nice silver tooth in the back of my mouth, I think it looks cool. I'll see what the kids think tomorrow. They wanted me to get a bright white tooth for my crown but I chose dingy white to match the rest. Apparently they thought I should get bright white and have my other teeth whitened. I told them I didn't think I would ever choose to have elective dental work. EVER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like quite the day. You could get diamonds in your teeth like the rappers. I bet you students would love that. You'd have street cred then. Just something to think about. -Sus