Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The root canal

I survived, quite well actually. Today was D-Day. I had my kids line up in our last class, I had my purse over my shoulder and the lights off and explained to them that Ms. Knapp had a dentist appointment and they needed to leave immediately when the bell rang. And they did! I made it with 5 minutes to spare to my appointment!
The actual procedure took a mere 40 minutes, which is awesome because my dad tells tales of 5 plus hours in the chair for some of his. Mine was painless, really and the folks at the endontics office were great. We'll see how the crown goes next Tuesday - that I have to take the whole afternoon off for.
School went relatively well today, considering I think my students gave me a stomach bug and I was sure I might pass out in 5th period. The other Ms. Knapp popped in on her prep and gave me a ten-second breather in the hallway and I went back at it. I'm sure all the kids noticed today was that I kept track of tardies (though they aren't going in the computer just yet - shhhh!), I had to ask them to be quiet A LOT, and I draw not-so-great looking stick people on the white board.
Oh yes - then there's the cricket problem in our school. You might call it an infestation. Apparently crickets love bug bombs and when the one was set off last week in school, they all came running toward it. I've gotten quite adept at stomping them as I read to the kids, trying to keep their attention on my and not the critters running around the room. They make a slight crunching noise though when I step on them and then there's always the dead bodies lying around after but ah well.
Ok, off to bed - tomorrow's another day. Classes and then a meeting after school with the principal about evaluation systems with all the new teachers.
Oh yeah - good news! I was evaluated again yesterday while teaching and was told my class was awesome. We did transitions while the woman was there and they were so quiet so quick! They rock!!!!

No comments: