Thursday, February 15, 2007

And a happy V-day to me!

So I was going to post yesterday and somehow it became 11:30pm and I had to fall into bed. Somehow the time passes so quickly when you are a) watching 3 episodes of Lost to get caught up with the rest of America and b) chatting online with friends from Michigan, setting up your MySpace account, and just playing online. So we'll just pretend it's yesterday and I'll report on Valentine's Day in the southwest.
So my biggest treat/surprise was when I got home and there was a brand-new dishwasher installed! I am so excited. We've been fighting with ours for several months and finally the maintenance guy gave in and just ordered us a new one but that was over a week ago and I was getting antsy. So I was delighted yesterday to find the plastic wrap on the puppy when we got home. I was so excited I put the detergent right in and Ang was like, Sarah - we don't even have dirty dishes in it yet. But I didn't care. I was "pickled to death"!
Also, I got gifts at school. A bowl of candy and a big container of chocolate covered pretzels, a You're So Raven card, and various others. The pretzels never made it home:-) Okay, okay, neither did the candy.
And I was so excited this year - I got tons of cards and gifts in the mail from family and friends, I feel so blessed really, so loved. So THANK YOU! All of you!
Alrighty, I've had my five minute break and I need to finish grading papers. I am giving two tests today and a lesson on descriptive writing. It's also "Friday" - a nonstudent day tomorrow and no school Monday so I know things will be a bit frenzied (that's one of our vocab words this week!). I am also being observed fifth hour which should be interesting. Frankly, I just want it to be done, it was rescheduled once and I know I shouldn't be but I am a bit anxious. But I suppose that keeps me on my toes!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Mmmmm.......chocolate covered pretzels! I don't know if I am having allergies or sickness coming on, but iam NOT feeling well :( I love you!