Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Back to the grind

I made it back to work today and it felt as if I'd been gone four weeks instead of four days. But it was nice to hear over and over from the kids that they missed me. And they had a lot to tell me:-) Good and bad. How the pencil sharpener's just quit working, how the wooden snowman got broke, how the sub said I had a lot of eighties music in my CD collection, how they got a detention in math and they don't know why. So much to hear from my 59 little ones.
Work was fine, we read a story and I got some organization and grading done and tried not to exert too much energy. Doing that brings on coughing fits and that seems to freak the kids out.
But I did manage to put 10,006 steps on the pedometer today. That's twice out of three days wearing it I've hit the 10,000 mark so yay! How many steps did you take today???

1 comment:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Good for you for getting so many steps in! But, with that being said, if you can get in 10000 and some odd # of steps while you are still sick, I need to start keeping better track of mine. You aren't joking when it comes to this friendly competition. It's on!