Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The first day of Lent

So today I had to explain Ash Wednesday and Lent to my seventh graders. Interesting as most of them are go-to-church-three-times-a-week Catholics. But we discussed it nonetheless. And when asked what I was giving up they were surprised when I said nothing. As usual I am taking my whole "Do something" for Lent stance. I am already trying to give up extra calories, soda (since January baby - it's working!) and procrastination (this may be a never ending battle).
For Lent this year I pledge to exercise and write daily. Not just when I feel like it, which would be rarely. So this morning I got up at 5:20 am and walked 4 miles with the aerobic video and Kevin Smith's podcast in my ear. And I'll do it again tomorrow (though I doubt the podcast tomorrow will contain such a lively poltical debate as today's over whether or not Oriental is no longer politcally correct).
So what are you all giving up/taking on?

No comments: