Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And so it begins

I'm leaving Howell in a few minutes to head back to Kalamazoo, for the last time. This will be the last time I make the trek from my parents' house to my apartment there - to the complex I've lived in for almost six years. Next Saturday the truck will come and my stuff will go and return back here, to the place where I started from.
It's a little sad, but I mostly try not to think about it. It hurts a little to breathe so I try to do other things (though - let me tell you - when your face is turning blue, that can be difficult).
It'll be a busy week. I have to write a new final exam project for my public speaking class. I have to pack. I have to write. I have dinners with friends, a wedding reception, a last day at church, a goin-away party, a lot of see-you-laters (I'm not a fan of goodbyes). And so I go - and so it begins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep looking forward kiddo - driving by looking in the rear view mirror has never worked very well for many people. It's a big new adventure to be had. I know you're going to grow in ways you've never thought possible.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited as you start this new adventure....you are brave! jamee

Anonymous said...

I know it's sad to go, but think of the excitement of learning the new place! And what a world we live in today that you're only a few strikes of the keyboard away! Love you!

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Sarah-what an amazing opportunity you have. I know that the breathing part is hard, that looking at somethings and people for the last time is hard, but you are one of the strongest individuals I know. You are great, you are going to even greater in Yuma. What a lucky bunch of kids-and they don't even know it yet.