Thursday, May 11, 2006

Excellent!

So the story of the publisher continues. I got an email from him yesterday thanking me for the thank you note I had mailed to him (it can be a vicious circle can't it - thank you, no thank you, NO thank you, NO NO thank you!). I was excited just to hear from him again. He said he'd started reading my chapters and he liked what I was writing and how I was writing it and went on to say he'd immediately thought of a great editor I could work with. I was psyched! He also went on to say working with an editor is not a bad thing or a negative reflection on my work, yada yada, that all writers go through that process to some degree. I know this but it's nice to be reassured. I was just so friggin' happy not to get some outright form letter with my chapters back in the mail!
So I wrote him back saying that I was glad to hear that as this was literally just a first draft and I'd only been writing it since January and I had decided I couldn't pass up this opportunity so I just gave it to him completely unedited and unvarnished.
He copied and pasted what I had said in that paragraph into his next email and wrote a single word below the copy:
Excellent.
Needless to say that compliment will keep me and my fingers going for quite some time!
I'm in Howell (my hometown - go Highlanders!) for the extended weekend but we have the MS Walk on Saturday. If you're interested in donating, check out my page that is linked to this blog. More later (it's a little tough to concentrate in the clouds!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I'm so excited for you! This is soooo awesome!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo! jamee

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»