Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Can I just say God amazes me. Seriously. I was talking with a friend this morning and she was sharing about believing in yourself and I was like, I just heard a sermon on this!
On Sunday, Matt (my pastor) talked about the story of Jesus walking on water. Now, I've heard this story a hundred times. But I'd never heard this take on it - that Peter hadn't lost faith in Jesus but in himself and that's why he couldn't walk on the water like Jesus. Matt said the question was not "Do you trust Jesus?" but "How much can I believe Jesus trusts me?"
That's stuck with me this week. I think mostly because right now, in this very moment, I don't trust myself very much. I don't trust myself to make the decisions I need to make and to do what I should do. Professionally, personally, it doesn't make a difference.
So how do I go about trusting myself? Having faith in myself? I'm assuming it's a process, and not a wham! I believe in me! moment. So I start today, now. The "just do it" adage.
So here's your assignment this week (because I know all you out there reading my blog need something to do to fill your time, hehe) - consider whether or not you have faith in yourself. Not do others have faith in you because surely they do, but do you believe in you. And how do you act on that faith?
Here's a quote I liked: "Have you encouraged your dreams today?"
Okay, that's it for tonight. I had my last class in Jackson tonight, and I'm beat. I'm counting on a snow day tomorrow (yep - big snow storm's a comin' our way in the 'Zoo!) - I'll report back on the few flurries I'm sure we'll get:-)

No comments: