Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Monday. I feel like I should blog but I don't have much to blog about. I scheduled classes today at Valley for the fall, no contracts just penciled my name in. I'm not sure where I'll be come September fifth, it seems so far away though I know it's not. Think about what can happen in six months. What can you do? What could you learn? I'm hoping to have a few drafts of my novel complete by then. Hoping to have a different, better paying job. Hoping to be doing something exciting. It's so odd to think of fall on this, the first day of spring. But time goes so quickly it seems we have to plan for all our tomorrows today.
I'm going to go read for a bit - I luxury I have decided I don't afford myself enough. I'm reading this great book I just got from the library: Blowing my cover, My life as a CIA Spy and other misadventures by Lindsay Moran. I heard her give an interview a few weeks ago and was fascinated by 1) her story and 2) that the CIA vetted her book and let it be published, blemishes about the agency and all. It's a great read, fast-paced and so behind-the-scenes. I once applied to work at the CIA and I imagine that I too had this skewed view of life there as Lindsay says she had when she started. It seems the real life of a spy is more paperwork and less intrigue. Just a little less action packed than my beloved Alias makes it out to be.
Enjoy your first day of spring everyone! I promise to try and be more interesting tomorrow:-)

No comments: