Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's a little after 10am on Tuesday morning. I'm at work. However, I cannot do my job because not a single student has showed up for class. I have 9 registered but no one came today. I thought I hit a low 2 weeks ago when I had one student come. Today we have a new low folks. So I'm doing some things to pass the time, checking email, organizing files, checking voicemail. In a minute or two I'll start grading papers for students who actually come to a different class at a different school. It's days like today when I realize I may not have needed to get out of bed after all. Apparently not a soul would have missed me if I had stayed at home and done the exact same things I am doing, except in my pajamas that have Tinkerbell emblazened on the front. Hmmm....
Oh yeah, and to top it all off - it's the first full day of spring. And it's snowing. Just flurries but still - frozen percipitation.
I'm going to go sit at my teacher's desk now and pretend to be a teacher:-) It feels a little like when I was younger and we'd play school and I'd move things around in my briefcase (my dad gave me his and I thought it was the coolest thing - I kept such important things in there, everything from my fashion designs to my house plans to my doll's bib) and talk to the empty room. Except Angela was always there, and sometimes a neighbor friend. Today though, it's just me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Empty room but Angela was always there. Reading on or should I say up since newer blogs appear above older ones, did you give a pop quiz? You should have handed out a pop quiz due at 10:05. Put one on each students desk. Collect them all at 10:05 and place a big F on each blank sheet of paper. Then have the students look horrified when they filed in when they wanted to and noticed a big F on their desks in front of them. That is what I would have done. The world should be glad that I am not a teacher.