Thursday, April 27, 2006

1700 words baby!

A week. My dry spell had gone a week. I've been stuck on how to formulate a scene in my book with Patricia, the character I'm concentrating on. And I couldn't move on because I've been feeling the need to write her pieces in order. So I waited. I opened the file, I looked at it a lot. I organized my research. And I waited. Then I talked to Ang about it and she suggested that where the character was might not be a good fit. And I said how it was an uncomfortable situation for Patricia and thus, an uncomfortable situation for me to write her in. So we took the action else where. And that's how tonight, in between grading research papers and watching some Must See TV and editing a friend's book, I wrote 1700 words and upped my page count to 31! Woo hoo - what a great start to the weekend.
Ok - I have to finish these edits and sleep quick because I'm walking the Celery Flats at 7:45 then one of my college roommates - Tracy - is coming for the weekend. Yippee! And hopefully my surge of ideas will continue as I sleep and a little elf will transcribe them for me;-0

No comments: