Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday narcolepsy

Apparently I have a highly specialized form of narcolepsy - it only occurs on Monday afternoons. This is the second Monday in a row during which I have fallen dead asleep in the middle of the day. And I'm not sure what it's all about. I was working this afternoon, staring at the computer trying to come up with dialogue for a spousal support group meeting that one of my main character's in my novel is attending and I was stuck. So I took a book and laid down on the bed and started reading. No intention of sleeping, it's just that my desk is 2 feet from my bed and there's no other chair in there. So I'm reading for a minute - trying to figure out this dialogue - and bam! Asleep. A good half hour power nap that was hard and fast. Weird. Don't think I'm some slacker, well fine, think I'm some slacker, I know better but it's just weird to me. And that feeling when you wake up is even worse. I had to hurry and make dinner to get to the office by 4:45 and I don't know - guess that spousal support group will have to wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

naps are completely underrated.... i think they should be required of adults....not so much the 4 yr olds who think it is torture to lay(or is it lie) still in the dark with soft music playing for an hr every mon and weds at my school....jamee